ReallyCleverHomes is a website for anyone who wants no-nonsense information & advice about creating a better home.
The ReallyCleverHomes website was ‘re-booted’ on 1st January 2017.
We’ll write more here soon (we promise)!
Our solution centre
Our solution centre contains a range of articles about home improvement (in general) and home technology (in particular).
Our product guide
Our product guide contains details of hundreds of products, together with ‘where-to-buy’ links to selected leading retailers.
Our product descriptions
Our intention is that our product descriptions will be the most-objective, most-factual and most-informative that you can find on the web. In keeping with our no-nonsense approach we’re intent on stripping away the ‘marketing-speak’ and technical jargon to create the product descriptions that we would want to read if we were looking at buying the product in question.
Writing such detailed product descriptions takes a lot of time and effort, so we adopt a 2-phase approach:
- When we identify a product that is of interest we create a product description page which contains an image, a basic product description and (wherever we can) one or more ‘where-to-buy’ links.
- We then revisit the product description later to rewrite it in our own ‘house-style’.
How we choose the products that appear in our product guide
We ‘inherited’ almost 1000 product descriptions from the original ReallyCleverHomes website. We deleted quite a lot of them, but some of them had the potential to be of interest to our website visitors (so we kept them for now and will progressively either update or delete them).
- When we research a new or updated article for our Solutions Centre we look for the products that are relevant to the article that we would consider buying and add them to our product guide.
- We may include a product simply because we’ve come across it somewhere and we think it has the potential to be of interest to our website visitors.
- We may accept requests from brand-owners to have their products included on our website and may charge a fee for doing so. We reserve the right to refuse any such requests!
Our ‘where-to-buy’ links
In the interests of full disclosure it is only fair to point out that we are not a price comparison website. The ‘where-to-buy’ links on any particular product page only point to sellers that we consider reputable but they may have paid us to be included or we may earn a commission from any sale that results from you visiting their website. Other suppliers may be lower-cost and no less reputable!
In an ideal world we’d probably run this website as a hobby. Sadly, the real world isn’t like that and this website has to earn enough money to pay its costs!
The intention is that we’ll do that in the following ways:
- Affiliate links: When any product is mentioned on our website we look for affiliate links to that product which might be of use to our website visitors. We may receive a payment if someone follows one of those links. (For example: ReallyCleverHomes is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.)
- Sponsored products and links: Product manufacturers, distributors & retailers can pay to have their products included in our product guide and/or to to be included in the ‘where to buy’ section for any product.
- Advertising: We may include carefully chosen advertising on our website.
We will not make money in the following ways:
- Payment for access to content: Access to this website is completely free to everyone. Nobody has to pay to read our content.
- Payment for writing promotional product descriptions and/or reviews: We will only write objective, factual and informative product descriptions and/or reviews.