I created the ReallyCleverHomes website to provide information & advice to help you choose the best products to make your home a better home.
The site is broadly structured around my ideas about what a ReallyCleverHome should be – but if I find something about home improvement that I think is interesting then the chances are I’ll find a reason to write about it!
I write about home improvement topics, products and services that are of interest to me and which are hopefully of interest to my website visitors. Nobody can pay me to write about any specific topic, product or service and nobody can pay me to write a positive review of their products and services. I give my honest and independent opinion in everything I write, based on my own research and experience. Essentially, whenever I look at a product or service my bottom line is “would I consider buying this?” – If I wouldn’t then it won’t even get mentioned on this website!
In an ideal world I’d probably run this website as a hobby. Sadly, the real world isn’t like that and it has to earn enough money to pay its costs! It does that in the following ways:
- Affiliate links: ReallyCleverHomes is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk. If you follow a link from the ReallyCleverHomes website to Amazon or any other online retailer’s website then I may receive a payment if you subsequently buy something (but the price you pay will be the same regardless).
- Sponsored links: Reputable retailers can pay to be included in the ‘where-to-buy’ links on my product information pages.
- Advertising: I may include carefully chosen advertising on the website but when I do it will be clearly identified as such.
The information provided on the ReallyCleverHomes website is accurate to the best of my knowledge and belief but I respectfully draw your attention to the following:
- The ReallyCleverHomes website is not a price comparison website, nor is it a definitive guide to all of the suppliers of any product or service.
- Inclusion of a supplier in my ‘where-to-buy’ links is not a personal endorsement of that supplier. Other suppliers may be cheaper and no less reputable.
- When undertaking any home improvement project you should conduct your own research and/or take appropriate professional advice.