Whilst I have my own ideas about what a ReallyCleverHome should be, those ideas are only intended to be a starting point. Essentially a ReallyCleverHome is your ideal home – suited to the way you want to live your life.
- Automation & control - A ReallyCleverHome puts you in control and automates the things it makes sense to automate. From lighting, heating and home entertainment right through to vacuum cleaning, cutting the grass and watering your pot plants!
More about automation & control >
- Cleaning & waste disposal - Ideally a ReallyCleverHome should stay clean, but if it does get dirty then it should be easy to clean. It should also manage its waste in the most environmentally possible way.
More about cleaning & waste disposal >
- Climate control - A ReallyCleverHome keeps the temperature right (in any given room and at any given time). It also manages air quality – keeping the air fresh and clean whilst removing odours and moisture.
More about climate control >
- Computing & networking - Computers (in their various forms) are now embedded in our lives, we want all of our devices to ‘talk’ to each other and (increasingly) we want to connect everything to the internet. A ReallyCleverHome has everything in place to do all of that.
More about computing & networking >
- Energy - A ReallyCleverHome uses as little energy as possible, uses the cheapest energy available, generates its own energy (and possibly even sells any surplus) and has a measure of resistance to energy-related issues.
More about energy >
- Lighting - There are times & places where we want bright light, and times & places where we want something more subtle. A ReallyCleverHome has the right light in the right places - and the right systems in place to allow you to control it.
More about lighting >
- Safety & security - A ReallyCleverHome keeps unwanted ‘visitors’ away, allows the owners to keep an eye on what’s going on, gives the occupants a warning if something bad happens and even takes automatic action to deal with any problems that occur.
More about safety & security >
- Sound & vision - In a ReallyCleverHome you can watch what you want, where you want, when you want, and listen to what you want, where you want, when you want!
More about sound & vision >
- Water - Most homes use water direct from the mains supply for cooking & drinking, bathing, laundry, flushing the loo and watering the garden. A ReallyCleverHome improves the quality of that water for some purposes, and uses non-mains water for others.
More about water >